Application for Membership: InterACT Pantry Meanwood
Membership to InterACT Pantry is open to those within a 20 minute walking distance of the shop at LS7 2QU (measured by Google maps). To avoid disappointment, please check you fit this criteria before applying.
You can find out more about InterACT Pantry here:
If you’re ready to apply, check you’re happy with the terms below, then click here and choose “Leeds InterACT Meanwood” from the drop down menu
Member Sign Up: Terms and Information
By applying, you confirm that the information you have given is correct and that you accept the terms and conditions outlined below. They may be slightly different from those at the end of the application form, which is hosted by the Your Local Pantry network, so please read these carefully BEFORE applying.
How we use your data
Information about you is stored safely and only used to facilitate your membership. InterACT Pantry Meanwood is run by InterACT Church and Community Partnership. The Pantry is part of a franchise called Your Local Pantry. Both InterACT and Your Local Pantry are committed to complying with Data Protection legislation when processing personal data within the course of our business. You can find further information on the data protection practice of each organisation here:
- Limited memberships are available at each pantry
- Membership is awarded on a first come, first served basis, with the exception that priority will be given to those who are currently experiencing financial difficulties. This may mean that members not in this position are occasionally asked to pause their membership to make space for someone else in need
- Membership can only be granted to those within a 20 minute walking radius of Meanwood Community Centre (defined using Google Maps), other than for exceptional circumstances at the discretion of InterACT
Any applications received after maximum number of subscriptions reached will be placed on a waiting list.
- Membership entitles you to visit once a week
- Membership is restricted to one per household. Proof of address e.g. utility bill may be requested
- You can pay your membership fee by cash or standing order. Please ask a member of the team for further details
InterACT Pantry Meanwood reserves the right to archive or refuse your membership.For example:
- You do not use the pantry for a while
- You move away from the area
- You are found to be abusive towards a volunteer or fellow members
Things to know when you visit:
- Members must bring their cool bag (provided) each time they visit, if they want to take away food from the fridge or freezer.
- Members should maintain their fridge and freezer at the right temperature. Fridges should read a temperature of between 2C to 5C and freezers between -18C to -23C
- To ensure that members get a fair share, we may place limits on certain items
- There is no guaranteed availability of any item week from week.
About the food:
- If you suffer from food allergies or intolerances and are unsure about the ingredients in a product, please ask one of our trained volunteers.
- Your Local Pantry may receive some food products that come without labelling, however in these cases your pantry will provide a list of ingredients on a separate sheet. Should you not receive one of these, please ask a pantry volunteer.
- Your Local Pantry may also stock items which have passed their ‘best before’ date. Best before indicates quality, not safety. When this date has passed, it doesn’t mean that the food will be harmful. The important date to look out for is the ‘use by’ date – do not consume food past its use by date.